Adult Diabetes-Care Providers
The Yale Diabetes Center is a subspecialty practice of the Yale Medical Group and provides comprehensive diabetes care and education for patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
In addition to seeing Dr. Jastreboff at the Yale Diabetes Center, you will also see the adult nurse practitioners/clinical specialists in diabetes, Geralyn Spollett and Janice Davey.
Geralyn (Geri) Spollett, MSN, ANP, CDE is an adult care nurse practitioner with over 30 years of experience working with patients with both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. In 2006, she was nationally recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) with the Award for Outstanding Educator in Diabetes for her work with patients with diabetes. Experienced in both insulin pump and continuous glucose sensor use, Geri is dedicated to helping her patients improve glucose control within the context of living a healthy lifestyle. For more information about Geri, follow this link: http://spectrum.diabetesjournals.org/content/19/3/147.full
Jan Davey, MSN, APRN, CDE has clinical experience in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes as well as management of hypertension and hyperlipidemia. Her focus is on lifestyle modifications in diet and exercise and the prevention of diabetic and cardiovascular complications. She has helped to conduct and publish numerous clinical research trials; the most recent one is the DIAD Study which evaluated adult patients with Type 2 diabetes and asymptomatic cardiac disease.
You may also see one of the following Endocrinology physicians, Drs. Robert Sherwin, Silvio Inzucchi, Raimond Herzog, Beatrice Lupsa, and Kevan Herold, who are all board-certified or board-eligible endocrinologists and have years of experience taking care of patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
YDC Contact Information
- Phone number: 203-785-7474
- Fax number: 203-737-4831
How to Make an Appointment
- Please call (203) 785-7474 or
- Visit the Yale Medical Group site at https://www.yalemedicine.org/patient_guide/index.html
Insurance Plan Information
- Initial Visit: $185
- Follow-up Visit: $125
- Please notify the clinic at the time that you set up your appointment if you need an interpreter.
- Physician visits: initial visit - 45 minutes; follow-up visit -15 minutes.
- Nurse practitioners visits: initial visit - 60 minutes; follow-up visit - 30 minutes.
What to Bring to your YDC Clinic Appointment
- Your glucose meter and/or downloaded meter
- All of you medications, vitamins, herbal/nutritional supplements
- Your health care record notebook/calendar/smartphone app
- Any questions that you may have for your provider, prescriptions needed, etc. – please write these down a head of time in your record health care record notebook/calendar/smart phone
Emergencies: (203) 785-7474
- Severe low blood sugars, moderate or large ketones, vomiting.
- During the day 8:30am-4:30pm (Monday – Friday): Call messages are taken by the clinic administrative assistant and given to the adult diabetes nurse practitioners who will return your call as soon as they are available to do so.
After 4:30pm and on weekends: Calls are answered by the answering service and the message is given to the adult endocrinology fellow on-call who will return your call as soon as they are available to do so.
Routine calls: (203) 785-7474
- Please address routine questions during your YDC appointment visits. Call messages regarding routine questions will be taken by the clinic administrative assistant and be given to the adult care nurse practitioners who will return your call within 24 hours.
- Prescriptions: please ask for prescription refills at your YDC appointment visits. Otherwise, please call during business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm) and you message will be returned within 24 hours.